NEW YORK: The National Football League cleared Peyton Manning of involvement in doping on Monday, saying there was “no credible evidence” the legendary quarterback had used or been provided with performance enhancing drugs. An NFL statement said investigators had spent seven months probing allegations aired in a documentary by Al-Jazeera America in December which alleged human growth hormone had been mailed to Manning’s household in 2011. The claims were made by Charles Sly, a former pharmacist at the Guyer Institute in Indianapolis, where Manning starred for the NFL’s Colts for 14 seasons. Sly later recanted his allegations. Manning, who retired after helping the Denver Broncos to victory in the Super Bowl in February, had vehemently denounced the claims, describing them as “garbage.” “Angry, furious — disgusted, is how I really feel,” Manning told ESPN in December when asked about the report. “It’s completely fabricated; complete trash, garbage.” The NFL on Monday sided with Manning at the conclusion of what it described as a “comprehensive investigation” into the Al-Jazeera claims. “The NFL found no credible evidence that Peyton Manning was provided with or used HGH or other substances prohibited by the league’s policy on performance-enhancing substances,” the NFL said. “The Mannings… Read full this story
- Man Cleared After Serving 20 Years for Serial Killer's Murder
- Man Cleared Of Rape After 25 Years In Prison
- Russia's doping ban reduced to two years, Court of Arbitration for Sport rules
- WADA says Swiss court overturns swimmer Sun Yang’s doping ban
- Michael Phelps: I don’t know what to tell my son about doping
- Track cycling standout Fabian Puerta gets 4-year doping ban
- Russia’s top weightlifter suspended in anti-doping case, report says
- Sun Yang’s doping ban of 8 years lifted for retrial
- Chinese swimmer Sun Yang's eight-year doping ban set aside by Swiss court 'on grounds of bias'
- Usain Bolt loses Olympic relay gold medal due to teammate’s doping
Manning cleared over doping claims have 307 words, post on www.manilatimes.net at July 26, 2016. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.