Students at a Long Island private school arrived crying one April morning after sharing their 90-minute bus commute with excrement and filth. Vincent Lopez, of Queens, told PIX 11 that his seventh-grade daughter Veronica and seven other students scrunched together in the back seat to avoid feces, vomit and the smell of urine. Their school, the $32,000-a-year Lawrence Woodmere Academy in southwestern Nassau County, sent a teacher onto the bus to photograph the pig-sty conditions after the incident. Woodmere helps arrange door-to-door transport for students from Queens, according to its website, but now says that it will no longer use the Rockaway-based RivLab for transport. Parents paid $3,000 to have their children taken to school, and attempts to have the money given back have been rebuffed. RivLab manager David Rivelas did not apologize when pressed on the rolling toilet by PIX 11, saying that the vehicle got students to school safely and it is the drivers’ responsibility to clean up any mess. The company’s website provides little information about its buses or drivers, but does say that it has been operating since 1980 and provides service to schools, summer camps and senior centers. A request for comment was not immediately… Read full this story
- Changes in store for state-run Recovery School District schools in Baton Rouge
- For students with kids, college can be a lonely struggle. One program aims to help
- ‘Looking blankly at absurdity’: inside the world of Private Eye’s cartoonists
- Tight trousers and short skirts land Isle of Wight students in trouble
- Long shadow over development of Wellington jewel Shelly Bay
- 'No blondes allowed': 50 years after a junior high experiment, students say it had 'a big impact'
- Kathleen Blanco, a trailblazing Louisiana governor, dies after long cancer battle
- Candid Coaches: Which school is the most underrated job in college basketball?
- American Portfolios Becomes Proud Corporate Sponsor of Two Non-Profits to Benefit Local Community Arts
- ‘Depressed’ Greta Thunberg had ‘stopped talking and eating’ before climate activism
Students at Long Island private school taken on bus with feces, vomit have 319 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at May 25, 2016. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.