VGP – Some 63 Vietnamese part suppliers have participated in Samsung supply chain, according to the multinational conglomerate company on May 19.
The number of Vietnamese part suppliers joined the supply chain boomed over the past time from four to 11 at level 1. Meanwhile, 52 other part suppliers gained level 2 status.
Samsung Viet Nam has also studied the competence of Ngoc Khanh wires and cables company and Goldsun Packaging & Printing Joint Stock Company.
The assessment is part of the company’s program o raise Vietnamese enterprises’ capabilities to join its supply chain.
Under the program, Samsung sent Korean experienced experts to the two companies in three months and supported them to renovate production processes in accordance with the group’s standards.
So far, Samsung was one of the largest foreign investors in Viet Nam with two large-scale factories in Bac Ninh and Thai Nguyen provinces which make up 33% of its total output.
As scheduled, the Samsung Consumer Electronics HCM City Complex came into operation from Q2, 2016, expecting to offer more opportunities for Vietnamese part suppliers./.
By Kim Loan
- Command Alkon Wins SDCE 100 Supply Chain Award
- Blockchain in Supply Chain Market Estimated to Reach +400 Million USD – Global Forecast to 2023
- Healthcare Supply Chain: Market Analysis, Strategies, Segmentation And Forecasts, 2018 To 2025
- Walmart-Led Blockchain Effort Seeks Farm-to-Grocery-Aisle View of Food Supply Chain
- Antibiotic Resistance Crisis Could Be Made Trickier by Faulty Supply Chains
- Future Supply Chain, Hindustan Aeronautics hit lowest level since listing
- The Morning Download: Walmart, Food Giants, Building New Supply Chain Based on Blockchain
- Himax Technologies, Inc. to Attend Credit Suisse 2018 Boston Semiconductor Supply Chain Conference on June 14th – 15th, 2018
- Blockchain Can Bolster Auto Supply Chain Relations
- BMW quiet on potential auto tariffs and supply chain effects