Often, the career path for a successful movie is a run of sequels. But where do you go after the big screen franchise runs its course? A new trend is seeing successful movies and movie franchises adapted into television series. Here are five new and upcoming ones.Related: Stream your favorite TV shows and movies with Amazon Fire TVLethal WeaponStarting in the late ‘80s, the Lethal Weapon franchise starring Mel Gibson and Danny Glover had a major influence on the creation of the buddy cop sub-genre, spawning a host of badge-bearing bromances. Combine law enforcement with a pair of mismatched officers, and hilarity is bound to ensue. Fox is hoping that formula will translate to the small screen with an upcoming TV adaptation of Lethal Weapon. Clayne Crawford (Rectify) will take on Gibson’s old role, and Glover’s will be resurrected by Damon Wayans, famous for his own buddy comedy with Bruce Willis, The Last Boy Scout.Just like the movie, the TV version sees Crawford’s character, Martin Riggs, move to California and join a new partner in the LAPD (Wayans’ Roger Murtaugh) after losing his wife and baby. Also confirmed to star is Jordana Brewster (Dallas), Golden Brooks (Hart of Dixie), and Kevin Rahm (Desperate… Read full this story
- 'The Walking Dead' sets plans for future TV shows and movies
- Best Popular Movie is Fine, but These are the Awards the Academy Needs
- Marvel reportedly developing TV shows with actors from 'The Avengers'
- The 12 Best Horror TV Shows to Binge Before Halloween
- From Moscow to Hollywood, Alexander Nevsky pursued his Schwarzenegger-fueled dreams of a life in action movies
- He turns deadly stuff into a living; TV show
- Halloween 2018: Here’s where SF Bay theater fans can get creeped out
- 30 years of hot rodding: Chip Foose of the TV show ‘Overhaulin’ talks tech and next-gen custom cars
- All these TV shows are ending in 2018
- Production people behind “Fixer Upper” searching for Denver restaurant to star in national TV show pilot
Life after theaters: 5 popular movies getting spun off into TV shows have 325 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at April 12, 2016. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.