Ton Gia Hoa, vice chairman of the Vietnam Craft Villages Association said most Vietnamese families who have migrated to the larger metropolitan areas go back to their village often.“They don’t really see the value of paying good money to go visit some other village on their holiday,” said Mr Hoa.Rustic charms hold greater appeal for foreign tourists, he said, and though concerted government and travel industry efforts to promote Vietnam’s rural tourism have begun, they have had limited success to date.The rural tourism industry is still in its infancy and still evolving.”Any form of tourism that showcases rural life, art, culture and heritage at rural locations, thereby benefiting the local community economically and socially, can be termed rural tourism,” said Mr Hoa.Le Van Hung, a senior official of the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, in turn said “it is multifaceted and may entail farm or agricultural tourism, cultural tourism, nature tourism, adventure tourism, ecotourism and craft village tourism.”“Most importantly,” it encompasses any activity that takes place in the small villages or countryside and enables interaction between the tourists and the locals for a more enriching tourism experience.”Mr Hung said, as against conventional tourism, rural tourism has certain typical characteristics – it… Read full this story
- Moment adopted US woman, 23, meets her birth mother for the first time in rural Guatemala and tells her, 'I love you so much'
- Looking for stocks headed for better times? Here are 5 signals
- My election, call to service, better times lie ahead — Sanwo-Olu
- ‘There Has Never Been A Better Time For Comedy’: Dan Soder On Showtime’s ‘Billions’ & New Comedy Special
- 'There is no Better Time Than Now to Start New Country Like Liberland' - Founder
- Volkswagen T-Roc Spotted Testing In India For The First Time Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- First Doctor Who trailer promises dark times ahead and some familiar foes
- Vietnam’s tourism sector brought to tipping point: WB
- Vietnam Airlines bans lithium batteries on flights
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 20
Better times ahead for rural tourism in Vietnam have 339 words, post on english.vov.vn at March 29, 2016. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.