A Virginia woman was shot and killed by two Norfolk police officers Saturday after she gestured a fake gun at them, authorities said. The officers spotted India M. Beaty, 25, arguing with a man in a strip mall parking lot around 1:20 a.m., according to WVEC. Beaty then pulled out what looked like a handgun and threatened the man, who was unarmed, police said. N.J. ACTOR FACING PRISON TIME OVER FAKE PROP GUN USED IN FILMING Norfolk police officers, who were staking out a nearby area, immediately got out of their van, identified themselves as police and gave Beaty “verbal commands” to drop the gun, according a police statement. Beaty then made “a threatening motion” with the gun, and two officers fired at her, police said. She died after the officers gave her first aid on the scene, police said. Only after the fatal confrontation did police realize the apparent weapon was a non-firing replica. The officers who fired have not been identified and are on administrative duty while the shooting is investigated. The department said the officers are detectives and were not equipped with body cameras. It’s unclear how many officers altogether were at the scene, but police said… Read full this story
- Woman who faked death to avoid prison found hiding in closet
- Loaded Gun Found On Man In Home Run Inn Parking Lot: Police
- 2 Brothers And A Woman Accused In Triple Homicide: Police
- Protests erupt and Atlanta police chief RESIGNS after white cops shot dead 27-year-old black man Rayshard Brooks - as new surveillance video 'shows him pointing a stolen taser at officers as he fled'
- Bodycam footage shows cops open fire on woman after she shot at them as they responded to a 911 call from her rooomate
- Suspect killed by Baton Rouge police was facing arrest for alleged machete attack on girlfriend
- Before Tigerland police shooting, BRPD internal memo said suspect might commit 'suicide by cop'
- Shooting at scene of vigil is part of wave of New York City gun violence
- San Jose Police Officer On Leave After Rough Arrest Caught On Video
- Vallejo Police Release Walgreens Security Cam Looting Video From Night Of Sean Monterrosa Shooting
Virginia woman wielding fake gun killed by police during parking lot confrontation have 354 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at March 20, 2016. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.