Star Citizen, already the most successful crowdfunded project of any kind in history, has now reached new, astronomical heights. The PC space simulator has now eclipsed more than $100 million in funding in the three years since the game’s original Kickstarter campaign started in October 2012.$100 million was the figure that Star Citizen creator Chris Roberts said a year ago (when funding stood at $64 million) he hoped the game would hit before the project was concluded. By no means is development finished on Star Citizen, and all additional funds will go toward the game’s continued production.The $100 million milestone was achieved today, December 12. Video game production budgets are tricky to nail down, but there are some examples that come from straight from the source. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt’s budget was $81 million, while Brutal Legend cost $25 million produce.A new trailer for Star Citizen was released during The Game Awards last week, focusing on everything that’s available right now through the game’s 2.0 alpha. Portions of Star Citizen are currently playable through various modules. A release date for the full, finished version of Star Citizen has not been announced.In other recent news about Star Citizen, developer Cloud… Read full this story
- Kobach promised cities help. It cost them millions — and powered his political rise
- Phoenix concert news: Phoenix Lights, Charlie Puth, G-Eazy, Jerry Seinfeld, Steven Tyler
- NOAA: Hottest May-July on Record. Breathing Easier Next Week
- So, the PawSox are officially moving to Worcester. Here’s what we know about the move so far.
- A Pastor Found A Massive Diamond. Now He Hopes It Will Help His Country.
- Donald Trump Showed His Hand In 1999, But No One Was Looking
- Revenge of Zombie Obamacare
- Kris Kobach’s Lucrative Trail of Courtroom Defeats
- Charlotte has had a toxic relationship with Raleigh. Here’s how RNC 2020 could help.
- Immigration wars: Judges order full restart of DACA, Trump administration has ‘sole burden’ to locate migrant parents
Star Citizen Passes $100 Million in Funding have 317 words, post on www.gamespot.com at December 12, 2015. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.