As the current generation of consoles continues on, companies should do well to remember to honor the past by celebrating upcoming franchise anniversaries.While not quite old as other industries in the world, video games have formed a large base of users thanks to pioneering companies like Atari, Nintendo, and Activision to name a few. Gamers are typically passionate about franchises, which makes celebrating certain achievements like anniversaries an important step. Just this year, Nintendo helped its most well known character and company mascot, Mario, celebrate his 30th anniversary, with two special amiibo figures and a community driven website all culminating in Super Mario Maker – a Wii U exclusive that allows players to build their own stages using themes and items from four iconic Mario games.Believe it or not, Ubisoft also fits into this category as well. Long before they were known for the Tom Clancy games or mega franchises like Assassin’s Creed, Ubisoft plucked the limbless hero Rayman from the creative mind of Michel Ancel. 2015 marks Rayman’s 20th anniversary and to celebrate Ubisoft announced smaller items such as fan driven contests, an infographic, and a brand new game called Rayman Adventures – the latter of which was greeted with ample excitement. Unfortunately, after… Read full this story
- Gary Bettman on Sabres' 50th anniversary, Pegulas and No Goal
- Leipzig’s Catholic conference: Not just fun and games
- Purple Cow Celebrating Its 30th Year
- Fundraiser celebrates 50 Years of Richie’s at Temple
- Video Games Thrive in Germany as Leipzig Hosts Fair
- ‘He ditched me on our wedding anniversary to go to the Champions League final’: Mum-of-three on how to win as a football widow
- Studio for Electronic Music remembered with Google Doodle – why the German institution’s 66th anniversary is worth celebrating
- Underworld: ‘We aim to make the album come alive in a way it never has before”
- Metallica: An exclusive behind-the-scenes look at S&M 2 concerts
- How well do you know Britain’s Prince Harry?
Why Celebrating Gaming Anniversaries Is Important have 321 words, post on gamerant.com at November 26, 2015. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.