(TITC) – At 20h of 14 August 2015, the opening program of Quang Binh Cave Festival 2015 themed “Quang Binh – Kingdom of caves” will take place in Quang Binh Culture Centre Square, Dong Hoi City, Quang Binh Province.
The highlight of the program is the announcement and receipt of the UNESCO certificate recognizing Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park as World Natural Heritage Site for the second time according two new criteria: (ix) to be outstanding examples representing significant on-going ecological and biological processes in the evolution and development of terrestrial, fresh water, coastal and marine ecosystems and communities of plants and animals; (x) to contain the most important and significant natural habitats for in-situ conservation of biological diversity, including those containing threatened species of outstanding universal value from the point of view of science or conservation.
The festive part of the program is the uninterrupted connection of music and image to highlight the theme of the program, namely Quang Binh – a hero land gifted the majestic and splendor beauty by mother nature, especially the cave system honored in the world. Besides, the art performances praising the beauty of Quang Binh’s history, culture, land and people, and Quang Binh on the integration and development will be held.
Lasting for until the end of August 2015, Quang Binh Cave Festival aims to promote Quang Binh’s tourism potential, especially the special and unique values of cave system, whereby attracting foreign and domestic investors and visitors, and contributing to socio-economic development of the province. The highlight of the festival is week of “Discovering the spectacular cave system in Quang Binh Province” with many activities such as: opening of new tourist routes and sites; discount programs of tours and routes; famtrips…
In the framework of the festival, “Cuisine and specialties of Quang Binh 2015” fair aims to introduce, promote and sell local traditional handicrafts and culinary specialties.
To the festival, visitors also have the opportunity to participate in many activities such as tours of “Discovering lake through mountains”, “Conquering Toi (Dark) Cave”; sailing, climbing, conquering adventure bridge… In particular, on this occasion, Phong Nha – Ke Bang Tourist Centre will receive Viet Nam Guinness Record certificate of the longest two-wire zip line route in Viet Nam for Chay River – Toi Cave.
- Quang Binh offers free wifi at Phong Nha-Ke Bang
- Sundance 2015 review: Brooklyn – a rose-tinted peek at what your granny went through
- Lanark: A Life in Three Acts at Edinburgh festival review – smashes all expectations
- The Beanfield at Edinburgh festival review – invigorating, complex look at bloody Stonehenge battle
- Best London festivals 2019 - the best events in the capital this summer
- SXSW 2015: Miley Cyrus, Timbaland, Jimmy Kimmel and The Walking Dead stars descend on Austin festival
- Officials attend great national unity festival in provinces
- Special culture of Dao ethnic minority people in Tuyen Quang province
- Binh Lieu in monsoon season
- Binh Dinh, a paradise in central Vietnam