TheOverseas Vietnamese delegation is expected to join a parade to mark 70years of August Revolution and National Day (Illustrative image. Source:VNA)
The expatriates were invited by the Foreign Ministry’s Committee forOverseas Vietnamese Affairs as a result of their active involvement inVietnamese community activities abroad.
During the visit to the homeland from August 27 to September 3, theoverseas Vietnamese will partake in a series of events such as payingfloral tributes to heroic fallen soldiers, visiting the mausoleum oflate President Ho Chi Minh and the Presidential Palace and offeringincense to the late President at the K9 historical site and late GeneralVo Nguyen Giap.
They are expected to attend a parade to celebrate 70 years of the AugustRevolution and National Day. The delegates will be welcomed by leadersof the Vietnam Fatherland Front Central Committee.
The expatriates will then visit several historical relic sites such asthe Thang Long Imperial Citadel in Hanoi, “Huu nghi” (friendship) bordergate in the northern mountainous province of Lang Son and Tran Templein northern Nam Dinh province.
- Activities to celebrate National Day at Dam Sen Park
- England’s Eric Dier ready to return ‘home’ for Nations League Finals in Portugal
- Bungle the Chow Chow puppy returns home after national campaign to free 'dangerous' Northamptonshire dog
- Town eager to return home after 28 days on the road
- Tanzanian billionaire Dewji returns home unharmed 9 days after being kidnaped
- Ceremonies held overseas to mark Vietnam’s 74th National Day
- Economic forum for overseas Vietnamese successfully concludes
- PM meets with overseas Vietnamese in Thailand
- Overseas Vietnamese in France mark 100th anniversary of patriotic movement
- Irish troops to return home after being stranded in Syria due to paperwork error