TheOverseas Vietnamese delegation is expected to join a parade to mark 70years of August Revolution and National Day (Illustrative image. Source:VNA)
The expatriates were invited by the Foreign Ministry’s Committee forOverseas Vietnamese Affairs as a result of their active involvement inVietnamese community activities abroad.
During the visit to the homeland from August 27 to September 3, theoverseas Vietnamese will partake in a series of events such as payingfloral tributes to heroic fallen soldiers, visiting the mausoleum oflate President Ho Chi Minh and the Presidential Palace and offeringincense to the late President at the K9 historical site and late GeneralVo Nguyen Giap.
They are expected to attend a parade to celebrate 70 years of the AugustRevolution and National Day. The delegates will be welcomed by leadersof the Vietnam Fatherland Front Central Committee.
The expatriates will then visit several historical relic sites such asthe Thang Long Imperial Citadel in Hanoi, “Huu nghi” (friendship) bordergate in the northern mountainous province of Lang Son and Tran Templein northern Nam Dinh province.
- Overseas Vietnamese return to celebrate lunar new year
- Overseas Vietnamese returning home for Tet
- Activities for overseas Vietnamese in 2010
- OV return home to celebrate National Day
- Overseas Vietnamese head home for Tet
- Overseas Vietnamese to parade on National Day
- OVs return home to celebrate National Day
- Overseas Vietnamese welcomed
- Vietnamese celebrate National Day