Dive Brief: Parkview Adventists Medical Center owes $13 million to Central Maine Healthcare and an affiliate, Central Maine Medical Center, according to court documents. The hspital filed for Chapter 11 last month as part of a proposed takeover by nearby Mid-Coast Health Services. CMHC said its repayment is protected by 7-year-old security documents such as mortgage deeds, security agreements, etc. related to Parkview’s Brunswick properties; Parkview contends that a proper security interest wasn’t transferred by Parkview’s board of directors and that the documents are therefore not enforceable. According to CMHC’s objection to Parkview’s motion to use cash collateral, Parkview owes CMHC close to $7 million for a promissory note and several contracts between the two organizations; and another $7 million for contracts with the Lewiston hospital. Parkview terminated its contract for emergency services with Central Maine on the day it filed bankruptcy and signed with Brunswick-based Bluewater Emergency Partners. It also closed its emergency and acute inpatient care departments a few days after the filing. Chuck Gill, CMHC spokesman, said last month the organization would be reviewing all contracts and legal options to “protect the interests of Central Maine Healthcare.” The final Parkview bankruptcy hearing is scheduled for July 27 in Portland Maine. There were 16 hospital bankruptcy… Read full this story
- NHS trust calls for urgent help caring for Covid patients amid fears a 'perfect storm' caused by the new strain will overwhelm hospitals
- RHOBH star Erika Jayne’s husband Tom Girardi secretly hospitalized for ‘serious illness’ amid claims he embezzled money to keep up their 'lavish' lifestyles
- Biden tears into Trump for refusing to accept the 'will of the people', calls his 'extreme' fraud claims an 'assault on democracy', says he won by a landslide and tells US 'it's time to turn the page'
- It's carnage out there! York students celebrate city staying in Tier 2 - amid warning 30,000 hospitality firms face ruin by end of year after Frankie & Benny's and Wagamama group lost £15m in last lockdown
- Give NHS staff the vaccine to open up abandoned Nightingales, say health chiefs - as it emerges 85,000 medics are off sick or isolating amid calls for to fast-track 90,000 student nurses to the frontline
- Are hospitals REALLY creaking under the strain of Covid before Christmas? NHS data shows trusts are STILL quieter than last December - with seven times fewer wards close to being full
- Celebrity chef Yotam Ottolenghi claims takings at his London restaurants have plunged by 90% in a year and reveals curfew and Tier 2 'left him begging to be shutdown'
- Leaked files expose mass infiltration of UK firms by Chinese Communist Party including AstraZeneca, Rolls Royce, HSBC and Jaguar Land Rover
- EXCLUSIVE: Donald Trump's 82-year-old neighbor claims hi-tech security system shielding President's sprawling Mar-a-Lago estate is giving her brain injuries, as Palm Beach locals try to stop him from living permanently at his club
- Joe Biden's younger brother James is investigated by Feds over his role in Pennsylvania hospital business - day after revelation that Hunter is also being probed over his tax affairs
Maine hospital files bankruptcy amid $13M claim have 494 words, post on www.healthcaredive.com at July 16, 2015. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.