With the 2015 season just four days away, the Miami Marlins have unveiled their Opening Day festivities.
Six former Marlins All-Stars — right-hander Carl Pavano (2004), catcher Charles Johnson (1997, 2001), second baseman Luis Castillo (2002-03, ’05), shortstop Alex Gonzalez (1999), third baseman Mike Lowell (2002-04, ’07) and outfielder Jeff Conine (1994-95) — will complete an around-the-horn ceremonial first pitch to celebrate the announcement of Marlins Park as the host of the 2017 Midsummer Classic.
Legendary boxing announcer Michael Buffer will introduce the 2015 ballclub. Afterwards, two-time GRAMMY Award winner Jon Secada will sing the National Anthem before the 482nd Fighter Wing from Homestead Air Reserve Base does a flyover with two F-16s. Navy and Marine Corps Honor Guard from Navy Operational Support Center Miami will present the colors, while the United States Southern Command holds a 150×300-foot American flag.
The onfield pregame ceremony will begin at 3:30 p.m., with first pitch scheduled for 4:05. Giancarlo Stanton and Christian Yelich will be recognized for their 2014 awards. Events will kick off at 1:30 p.m. in the West Plaza, and all entrances will open half an hour later. Season-ticket holders can enter at 1:30 to watch batting practice from the Skyline Terrance.
All fans will receive a 2015 magnetic schedule courtesy of Leon Medical Centers.
- Watercolour painting exhibition celebrates National Day
- Celebrate Independence Day with these patriotic t-shirts
- Indian Consulate General celebrates ITEC day in HCMC
- Indian Embassy In Kathmandu Celebrates Yoga Day
- Victoria openers dominate opening day
- Lt. Col Dhoni wins hearts in Ladakh, celebrates I-Day with locals & Territorial Army
- Did MLB.com's video player strike out on opening day?
- One Last Opening Day At A Dying Minor League Ballpark
- The Yankees’ next Opening Day lineup could look a lot different
- Thousands of Wegmans superfans invade Brooklyn location on opening day