VietNamNet Bridge – A special night of experimental music, making sounds with everything but a laptop, will take place on Friday, May 1 at ATK.
No Laptop! My Castle of Low Fidelity will feature local artists Lark Minkous, Vu Nhat Tan and Sound Awakener.
Lark Minkous’s musical soundscapes explore the dynamic and contrasting worlds of electronically synthesised sounds and acoustic field recordings. His live performances are unique to the electronic music scene as he does not use a laptop.
Vu Nhat Tan’s music is a colourful and fresh improve act. According to New York Times, “Vu Nhat Tan has found inspiration in ancient music, folk music, court music and chamber music from different regions of Viet Nam. For them, the influence has become a peak through the sound sometimes mysterious, sometimes harsh glare of life.”
Sound Awakener is the solo music project of the 19-year-old Nguyen Hong Nhung, who quit classical piano training in 2007 to develop her own techniques, focusing on composition and improvisation. A representative of a new generation of Vietnamese sound-art, she focuses on experimenting with random elements.
The music night will start at 8pm at 73A Mai Hac De Street. Tickets cost VND50,000 at the door, or VND30,000 in advance by booking via bigtime.vn.
- Unheard: Journey into Central Florida's experimental music scene
- Vietnam-US music night to open in HCM City
- Xam musical night by Hoan Kiem Lake
- Vietnamese children’s music night honours mother tongue in Czech Republic
- “Toward Hanoi’’ Music Night held
- Night of Experimental Music “Reminiscence” in Hanoi
- Marianettes working 9 to 5 to stage hit musical in Bedford
- Youngsters hit the stage for Music Man performances in Belper
- Easy Club to host music night in Lochgilphead
- French Institute to host Saycet’s electronic music night on April 8