Who doesn’t love Pi?
The mathematical constant signifying the ratio of the circle’s circumference to its diameter and commonly approximated as 3.14 gets its own day of celebration every March 14.
This year marks a “Pi Day” for the ages, as 3.14.15 is pi to its fifth digit and only comes around once a century.
So it’s not just mathemeticians and high school students commemorating this once-in-a-lifetime numerical event. The sports world also got into the ring.
The New York Jets, for instance, had this clever take to to use their team’s jersey numbers to spell out pi to the 53rd digit:
Here’s how other teams and sports institutions celebrated this momentous day:
- Celebrate Independence Day with these patriotic t-shirts
- Watercolour painting exhibition celebrates National Day
- Yoga Day: Thousands of Indians celebrate the day
- Microsoft Store Cuts Prices by Up to 31.4 Percent for Pi Day
- Why sports celebrity businesses are more T20 than test cricket
- Alex Jones: The One Show host enjoys a day of family fun while on maternity leave
- Indian Embassy In Kathmandu Celebrates Yoga Day
- Liverpool fans react to Mohamed Salah learning 'Scouse English' in hilarious Twitter post
- Google Celebrates Earth Day With Nature Doodle, Wind Investment
- Report: Instagram Photos No Longer Accompanying Twitter Posts