IRVING, Texas — DeMarco Murray is hitting free agency and because of his talent and profile — and because of the Cowboys’ profile — a skillion tales have been written about what’s about to transpire. Some of those are fact–based. Some are fiction. Let’s explore the differences:CLAIM: If the Dallas Cowboys are going to pay Dez, they’ll probably have to part ways with DeMarco. FICTION: Completely false. Dez’ deal has nothing to do with DeMarco Murray’s deal. Dallas can create whatever cap room necessary to sign these two (and virtually anyone else). Except for the fact that Dez and DeMarco were usually road roommates for 2014, there is no correlation between what is going on with them. (The origin of this misunderstood angle is explained here.) CLAIM: “Sources” tell somebody DeMarco Murray will remain with the Cowboys if their offer is the same as what other teams offer. FACT: Well, it’s true … but do we really need “sources” to tell us that? If the Raiders or the Titans or the Colts offer DeMarco, say, $9 mil a year, and Dallas responds by saying, “Aw, heck! Only $9 million? We’ll happily do that! C’mon home, D–Mo!” … Murray will almost certainly remain with… Read full this story
- Cowboys Mailbag: Scandrick vs Jenkins
- UFC 145: Separating fact from fiction
- Cowboys snag Claiborne, but at what cost?
- Cowboys playing with fire to throw deep
- Jerry’s confidential Cowboys consultants
- Cowboys barely survive Geno Atkins
- 11 for ’11 – DeMarco Murray’s 91-yard run
- The Lost Years on the Cowboys roster
- Murray is key to Cowboys’ 2012 success
- Cowboys offense has plenty of things to fix
Cowboys and DeMarco: Fact vs. Fiction have 263 words, post on www.foxsports.com at March 7, 2015. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.