LOS ANGELES: The daughter of late singer Whitney Houston was pulled unconscious from her bathtub on Saturday (Jan 31) at her Georgia home, in an eerie echo of her mother’s tragic death three years ago.
Bobbi Kristina Brown, 21, was found by her husband and a friend at her home in Roswell, roughly 35 kilometres north of Atlanta, Roswell Police Department spokeswoman Lisa Holland said. “She is still alive and breathing and other than that I do not know her condition at this time,” Holland told a news conference. “Investigators are on the scene at the hospital and the house.”
The TMZ.com entertainment news website said Brown’s husband Nick Gordon and a friend had performed CPR at the scene after making the discovery. Emergency services were called to assist before Brown was whisked to North Fulton Hospital for treatment.
TMZ reported that sources close to the family said Bobbi Kristina had been placed in a medically induced coma to address swelling on the brain.
Soul diva Whitney Houston died in February 2012 when she was found in a bathtub at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles on the eve of the music industry’s annual Grammy Awards show. Coroners concluded she died by accidental drowning, with cocaine use and heart disease as contributing factors.
Various bottles were found in the singer’s hotel room – in all some 12 medications prescribed by five different doctors, including anxiety treatment Xanax and the potent corticosteroid Prednisone, the report said.
The singer of hits such as “I Will Always Love You” sold more than 170 million records during a nearly three-decade career, but also fought a long battle against substance abuse. The singer left all of her assets to Bobbi Kristina – born from her troubled marriage to singer Bobby Brown – while excluding her ex-husband.
- When and how did Whitney Houston die, what were her biggest songs and what happened to her daughter?
- Whitney Houston: Jennifer Hudson's emotional tribute to star at Grammy Awards 2012
- From shy girl to superstar: Secrets of how Whitney Houston used The Bodyguard to launch herself to international fame
- CD review: Whitney Houston, I Wish You Love: More From The Bodyguard (Legacy Recordings) ****
- Susanna Reid stunned as Dione Warwick accuses her of trying to hurt her for asking about her cousin Whitney Houston
- Whitney tribute singer to take the stage in Dagenham following American success
- When is Whitney Carter returning to EastEnders? And is she engaged to Lee Ryan’s Woody Woodward?
- EastEnders’ Linda Carter slaps husband Mick after he sees ‘tart’ Whitney in secret
- EastEnders spoiler: Tiffany Butcher up to trouble as she causes problems for sister Whitney
- Star Trek actress Grace Lee Whitney dies aged 85