The call has been sent out for those who oppose the “Islamisation of France” to make their feelings known in front of the Paris stock exchange on January 18th. While the organisers accept they are unlikely to see the kind of numbers that have turned out for similar demos in the German city of Dresden in recent weeks, they say it’s just the first step. “The movement in Germany has been around for months, for us in France this is just the start. We are only beginning here,” Pierre Cassen, from the group Riposte Laique told The Local. His organisation whose name roughly translates as “Secular Riposte” has organised the protest under the slogan “Islamists get out of France”. The Pegida movement (Patriotic Europeans Against the Islamization of the West) began in Dresden in October when only a few hunded protesters turned up. But by January those numbers have swelled to 18,000. Cassen thinks the same is possible in France, “We admire what they have done and we want to help create the possibility that the same kind of movement can happen in France,” he said. Riposte Laïque is however hoping the leaders from the German movement will be in Paris to… Read full this story
- The convicted anti-Islam politician aiming to snatch Presidency from Macron - polls
- Pakistan Police and Rangers Taken Hostage as Anti-France Protests Intensify
- EXPOSED: ‘No Borders’ Calais Activist Promises to ‘Organise Riots’, Says Islamic State Attacks ‘Good’
- Live updates: France’s Macron speaks with Putin, Zelenskyy
- pakistan: Religion-fueled mobs on the rise again in Pakistan - Times of India
- Phuket Gazette World News: 3 dead in France collapse; US-Syria fears rise; Germany to stay in Euro
- Geert Wilders On Orlando, Paris: 'Ramadan Is The Deadliest Time Of The Year'
- French Police Officer Brutally Beaten on Eid Emerges from Coma
- 20 Outstanding Images, Nominees For 2020 World Press Photo Of The Year
- China’s friendship with Russia has boundaries, despite what their leaders say
Will anti-Islam protests take off in France? have 319 words, post on www.thelocal.fr at January 6, 2015. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.