The Hanoi Students Association held a meeting on January 9 tomark the event, during which the municipal People’s Committee presentedDedication Award to seven outstanding youth union activists.
Six other students were also honoured with the “Sinh vien 5 tot”(Five-Virtue Student) Award, while 18 VSA staff members received the“Sao thang Gieng” (January Star) Award.
Currently, the Hanoi Students Association has over 375,800 members.
In the northern province of Bac Giang, the provincial Educationand Training Department organised a cultural and art festival for localstudents with various activities. Sixteen local students were alsopresented with the “Five-Virtue Student” Award.
Onthe occasion, the central province of Thua Thien-Hue hosted aphoto exhibition displaying more than 100 photos of students’ movementsthroughout different periods, including the anti-US war.
Meanwhile, the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union’s chapter in centralPhu Yen province in collaboration with the province-based BankingAcademy and a number of students from the Republic of Korea andJapan delivered 600 free meals to poor patients in the provincialGeneral Hospital .
The southern central province of BinhDinh also held a ceremony to confer the “Five-Virtue Student” Award on40 excellent students.
The same day, the Mekong Delta city ofCan Tho honoured winners of some sports and music competitions whilepresenting the “Five-Virtue Student” Award at central and local levelsto 22 outstanding students and scholarships to 33 others.
In celebration of Vietnam Students’ Day, the Mekong Delta province ofBen Tre also granted 10 scholarships totaling 105 million VND to 19excellent students.-VNA
- The Bastille Day celebration at Eastern State Penitentiary says goodbye
- Nitish Kumar’s JDU again skips International Yoga Day celebrations: ‘We never display yoga in public’
- Bihar: Nitish Kumar snubs PM Modi, skips International Yoga Day celebrations in Patna
- 73-yr-old woman dies during Yoga Day celebrations
- Deputy President Mabuza to attend Madaraka Day celebrations in Kenya
- Armed Forces Day celebration recognises contributions of ethnic minorities
- Eastern State Penitentiary will end its annual Bastille Day celebration
- With storms in forecast, Tomball cancels its annual Independence Day celebration
- 3-day celebrations of Telangana Formation Day to begin from June 3
- Mamata Govt and Governor Pull Varsities in Different Directions Over Yoga Day Celebrations