Share to Twitter Share to Linkedin Tyler Hubbard and Brian Kelley perform the same ritual before every concert—they gather friends, family, band and crew into a circle, then say a prayer and a chant before adding one final flourish. "We usually take a shot of Fireball," says Hubbard. Adds Kelley: "Saturday night, maybe another shot." Why? Because as one of the duo's songs goes: "It'z Just What We Do." Over the past three years Florida Georgia Line and its boozy, genre-bending brand of country (Lynyrd Skynyrd meets late-90s hip-hop) has propelled it from utter anonymity to mainstream stardom. Hubbard and Kelley met at Belmont University in Nashville, bonding over their love of country, rock and rap; they quickly launched a band named after the geographical boundary between their home states. Their smash single "Cruise" moved 8 million units in barely two years en route to becoming the most-downloaded country song of all time—and helped them earn $24 million last year—thanks partly to a remix featuring rapper Nelly. Their new album Anything Goes , with its rock and reggae-tinged songs, sold 197,000 copies its opening week. "Country's more of a lifestyle," says Kelley. "The music's always going to evolve." *** A… Read full this story
- Florida Georgia Line's Round Here Records Announce Partnership to Release Dylan Schneider's Latest EP
- Florida Georgia Line Says 'God Is Doing Something Within Us' as They Look to the Future
- Florida Georgia Line Teams with Dolce & Gabbana to Throw High-Fashion Garden Party in Nashville
- Florida Georgia Line Teams up With Independence Fund to Help Wounded Veterans
- Watch Florida Georgia Line Pitch a New Duet to Carrie Underwood
- Tyler Hubbard Reveals How Daughter Olivia Made It Onto Florida Georgia Line's 'Yummy' Remix With Justin Bieber
- Nashville Tornado: Florida Georgia Line Sends Nashville Love While 'on the Other Side of the World'
- Florida Georgia Line's Tyler Hubbard Wants Kelsea Ballerini, Not Luke Bryan, to Babysit His Kids
- Maren Morris, Thomas Rhett lead Academy of Country Music award nominations
- Justin Bieber lands FOUR Academy Of Country Music nominations for his Dan + Shay song 10,000 Hours as Keith Urban is named host of the show
Country Fireball: Inside The Rise Of Florida Georgia Line have 364 words, post on www.forbes.com at January 5, 2015. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.