BILBAO, Spain (AP) — American players paused from their warmups to stand and face their New Zealand opponents as they performed the haka, their traditional war dance challenge. The U.S. response wasn’t nearly as interesting. Just pound the ball inside and outmuscle an overmatched opponent. Anthony Davis had 21 points and nine rebounds, Kenneth Faried added 15 and 11 boards and the U.S. remained unbeaten at the Basketball World Cup by beating winless New Zealand 98-71 on Tuesday. James Harden scored 13 points for the Americans, who will play two more games in Bilbao before moving on to Barcelona for the round of 16. They face the Dominican Republic on Wednesday before wrapping up Group C play on Thursday against Ukraine. “It was a good, solid performance,” U.S. coach Mike Krzyzewski said. “I thought the intensity was excellent.” Two nights after having to rally from a halftime deficit and pull away in the fourth quarter for a 98-77 victory over Turkey, the U.S. led this one wire to wire. The game was close only for a little more than a quarter. BJ Anthony scored 11 points for New Zealand, which fell to 0-3. “It was pretty awesome getting to play… Read full this story
- Wallaby strategy leading into the 2015 Rugby World Cup
- NBA quartet will lead Canada against Brazil in World Cup qualifying
- Olynyk leads Canada past Brazil at World Cup qualifying
- The Latest: US beats Nigeria at Women's Basketball World Cup
- NBA isn’t big in New Orleans. Problem is, Anthony Davis is huge everywhere else.
- The NBA's highest-paid contract, or uniting alongside LeBron? What will Anthony Davis choose?
- Spain see off Slovenia in World Cup qualifying
- Anthony Davis Responds To Lakers Rumors, Reiterates Focus On 'Winning'
- Apologies to Australia from a New Zealand sports fan
- Lithuania qualify for FIBA World Cup after double-overtime win
Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried lead U.S. to win over New Zealand in Basketball World Cup have 297 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at September 2, 2014. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.