Before Islamic extremists brutally beheaded an American journalist on camera, they demanded $132 million in ransom from his family and his employer. Islamic State (ISIS) terrorists began sending the serious messages to James Foley’s family and the GlobalPost last fall, Philip Balboni, the news agency’s head, told the Wall Street Journal. At first, the infrequent messages made political and financial demands. Then, last week, the fighters sent a hateful email saying Foley would be killed. “The message was vitriolic and filled with rage against the United States. It was deadly serious,” Balboni told CNN. Foley freelanced for GlobalPost, a Boston-based international news agency, before he was kidnapped in Syria in 2012. Attorney General Eric Holder spoke out against the demanding terrorists in a Thursday press conference. “This nation, we have long memories and our reach is very wide. We will not forget, and people will be held accountable,” he said. He added that Foley was a “ ’symbol of what’s right about the United States.’ ‘The same ISIS terrorists who pressed Foley’s family for funds demanded at least $100 million from the United States government in exchange for the journalist’s release, the New York Times reported. It’s unclear whether the requested $132… Read full this story
- Mother of slain journalist hopeful Baghdadi's death will end ISIS, but warns US to stay vigilant
- ISIS Fast Facts
- Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, ISIS Leader Known for His Brutality, Is Dead at 48
- How US aid worker Kayla Mueller was taken hostage by Isis - and how attempts to save her failed
- New ISIS video shows beheading of American hostage Peter Kassig
- Turkey's Erdogan warns US it has 120 hours to get Kurdish fighters out of Syria or he will restart attacks – as he claims 750 ISIS fighters have been released by the Kurds and 2million refugees could be sent to live in 'safe corridor'
- Isis: the inside story
- How Uber co-founder Travis Kalanick nearly brought the ride-hailing app down spending millions on employee drug and strip club parties expensed as 't*ts on Travis' and went to war with Google after Sergey Brin 'tried to steal his girlfriend'
- The 100 million city: is 21st century urbanisation out of control?
- 'No more delays!' Boris Johnson vents fury after Remainer MPs BLOCK vote on his Brexit deal by 322 to 306 in 'Super Saturday' stitch-up - with Jeremy Corbyn demanding that he 'obeys the law' and begs EU for extension
ISIS demanded $132 million in ransom from James Foley’s family, employer in series of ‘deadly serious’ emails have 393 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at August 21, 2014. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.