An ideology “at odds with traditional British values” has taken hold at the schools inspectorate Ofsted, a group of leading educationalists and Muslim leaders have warned. Led by Sir Tim Brighouse, a former chief education officer in Birmingham, the 20 experts – unhappy at the way Ofsted has conducted inspections into schools allegedly infiltrated by conservative Muslims – say in a letter to the Guardian that it is at risk of compromising political independence by producing “tarnished reports”. Their intervention comes days before Ofsted publishes results of an inspection of 21 schools ordered by education secretary, Michael Gove, after claims conservative Muslims were trying to infiltrate the governing bodies of Birmingham schools in a plot dubbed Operation Trojan Horse. On Tuesday, further evidence also emerged of abrupt shifts in Ofsted’s inspection results, with a leaked inspection report showing that a second secondary school in the city that had been previously rated as good or outstanding in November 2013 is expected to be downgraded to inadequate when its new report is published next week. Describing the mass inspection as “a landmark in the history of education in these islands”, Brighouse and the other signatories argue: “First-hand accounts of the Ofsted inspections… Read full this story
- Birmingham accused of going soft on extremism amid fears of another Trojan Horse scandal
- Teacher Trainings From Education Company Founded By Garland’s Son-In-Law ‘Suffused’ With Critical Race Theory
- Meet The Transgender Movement's Teen Idol
- PSYCH SLEUTH / Margaret Singer has made history delving into the psychology of brainwashing
- Tory MP backs death penalty for little Arthur's killers - as YouGov poll reveals more than HALF of UK public AGREE
- Daniel Pelka: Do serious case reviews work?
- New Light on Lincoln's Boyhood
- WATCHING WISEMAN WATCH
- “This Is Blackface”: Inside The Virtual Reality Company Trying To Scale Diversity Training
- Are Vaccine Boosters Widely Needed? Some Federal Advisers Have Misgivings.
Education experts voice fury over Ofsted's 'Trojan Horse' schools inquiry have 300 words, post on www.theguardian.com at June 3, 2014. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.