ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) Gov. Mark Dayton and other officials said Wednesday that they’ll probably ask the Legislature for more tax breaks to sweeten the 2018 Super Bowl for fans now that the NFL has awarded the big game to Minneapolis.Dayton and members of the city’s bid committee held a news conference Wednesday to celebrate the affirmation a day after the NFL chose Minneapolis largely because of the $1 billion stadium being built where the Metrodome used to stand. He said the state has not promised any public money apart from a sales tax exemption for Super Bowl tickets that remains on the books from when Minnesota hosted it in 1992.”There’s no other commitment, explicit or implicit, and that’s where it stands” Dayton said.But Michele Kelm-Helgen, chair of the Minnesota Sports Facilities Authority, said the organizers will sit down with NFL officials to discuss their needs. They’ll likely then ask the Legislature next year for sales tax exemptions for tickets to some of the other festivities such as the NFL Experience exhibition, she said, and ask private donors to cover the rest.The NFL requires hosts to exempt Super Bowl players from state income taxes, but Kelm-Helgen said the governor and… Read full this story
- Seattle Seahawks and Denver Broncos are going to Super Bowl XLVIII
- Denver Broncos head to Super Bowl XLVIII after dominating Patriots
- Link Between Super Bowl Losses and Heart Attacks More Hype Than Science?
- COVID-19 tax? Over 80 super-rich seek wealth tax over coronavirus
- Josh Gordon's Patriots Super Bowl Ring Hits Auction, Could Fetch $100K!
- Over 150 Minneapolis police officers seeking disability claims after death of George Floyd
- 150 Minneapolis police officers seek 'duty disability' for PTSD following protests
- U.S. travel industry seeks government assistance, new tax breaks to spur trips
- SF 49ers' Raheem Mostert seeks trade as contract talks fizzle
- MN Senate GOP leader says deal close on bonding, tax bills
Minneapolis Super Bowl may seek more tax breaks have 313 words, post on www.foxsports.com at May 21, 2014. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.