NEW YORK (AP) LeBron James understands it will take time, but he wants Donald Sterling out of the NBA.And he said Sunday that players believe nobody in Sterling’s family should be able to own the Los Angeles Clippers if he’s gone.Sterling has been banned for life for making racist comments and Commissioner Adam Silver has urged owners to force Sterling to sell the franchise. While Silver has said no decisions had been made about the rest of Sterling’s family, NBA spokesman Mike Bass released a statement Sunday night clarifying the league’s authority in the matter.”Under the NBA constitution, if a controlling owner’s interest is terminated by a three-quarter vote, all other team owners’ interests are automatically terminated as well,” Bass said. ”It doesn’t matter whether the owners are related as is the case here. These are the rules to which all NBA owners agreed to as a condition of owning their team.”Shelly Sterling, Sterling’s estranged wife, said she intends to keep her 50 percent of the franchise.”As players, we want what’s right and we don’t feel like no one in his family should be able to own the team,” James said after the Miami Heat practiced for Game 4 of… Read full this story
- Games stop again, this time players decide when they resume
- NBA players 'WILL continue their season' after the league postponed the playoffs amid a Bucks boycott in response to the Jacob Blake shooting - but Thursday's games are still off
- Steven Adams' OKC join boycott as NBA playoff games called off amid player protest
- Black Athletes Are Not Just Here to Entertain You
- How the Police Radicalized the ‘NBA Bubble’
James: Players want no Sterlings to own Clippers have 282 words, post on www.foxsports.com at May 11, 2014. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.