ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Sean Rodriguez’s voice sounded tired Friday afternoon. The fatigue was understood. Thursday was huge. That day, shortly after noon, he welcomed his fourth kid into this big, bright world, all 9 pounds and 21 1/4 inches of Zekiel Cruz Rodriguez. He was a proud father again.”It went well,” Rodriguez said of his wife Giselle. “She’s strong.”He spoke about pride. He spoke about emotion. He spoke about being blessed in a way that almost escapes words, because the feelings hold so much power.Being a father thrills.Being a father rewards.Being a father is forever.”It’s always something different,” Rodriguez said. “It’s always something special. It’s something a lot of people I hope can experience.”Rodriguez is a major league baseball player, which makes him different than most fathers. He’s part of a 162-game grind as a utility player with the Tampa Bay Rays. He lives a public life. He was placed on the paternity list Thursday, which allows him to miss up to three days. But he was back in Tropicana Field’s home clubhouse less than 27 hours after Zekiel’s birth. The rest of the evening, he went on a tear by hitting 2 for 4 with a double, a… Read full this story
- EastEnders fans convinced Sean Slater returning as mum Jean faces death with devastating illness
- Eastenders spoilers: Ray Kelly could KILL Mel Owen in wedding showdown, says Sean Mahon
- Fermanagh couple’s joy at birth of grandkids a world apart on same day
- Cristiano Ronaldo's girlfriend Georgina Rodriguez's dad dies in Argentina
- Jaime Winstone on upcoming Torvill & Dean movie, her wild past and famous dad Ray Winstone
- Why did Ian and Peter Beale fall out in EastEnders and will they return to Walford together?
- Arlene Harris: 'When did it become ok to slate mothers for having sons, and to treat boys as being somehow inferior?'
- Runaway schoolgirl who just gave birth to baby boy does not regret decision to join Isis
- Sean Byrne's devastated family pay tribute to keen photographer and 'fun-loving granda'
- Paramilitary murder is just what happens here ... but the victim is someone’s father, husband or son
After birth of son, Sean Rodriguez returns in big way for Rays have 355 words, post on www.foxsports.com at April 4, 2014. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.