Landing in South Korea after a trip to her native China on Wednesday, rapper Meng Jia of K-pop group Miss A shared an observation on Twitter: “Almost all Chinese women want an alien boyfriend.” To be more precise, the man they and others in East Asia want is from Planet K-drama: Do Min Joon, the ageless professor from outer space played by Kim Soo Hyun in the South Korean television phenomenon My Love From The Star. He is a guy who has superhuman powers but is more perfect than Superman because he has his priorities right. He wants to protect only one person – the woman in his life, played by Gianna Jun. My Love From The Star, a romantic fantasy created by writer Park Ji Eun (My Husband Got A Family, 2012), has been trending in East Asia after its debut in December last year. In China, the show has more than one billion views on video websites such as iQiyi.com and PPS, and Kim Soo Hyun is one of the top searches on Baidu, the country’s equivalent of Google, say reports on news website NetEase. Books read or referenced by Kim’s character in the drama – including a… Read full this story
- "Hot Stew" By Fiona Mozley Is BuzzFeed Book Club's May Pick. Here's The First Chapter
- Rally, March Marks 25th Anniversary Of LA Riots
- Seoul Crime Map Shows Rich Districts Aren't Safer
- Fern Britton snaps ‘don’t patronise me’ at Love Island’s Iain Stirling as Tipping Point celeb special takes tense turn
- Moon Hell-Bent on Repeating Employment Blunders
- 57 best TV shows to watch on Netflix
Ugly-hot Korean hunks have 265 words, post on www.asiaone.com at February 25, 2014. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.