I can admit it. I was a skeptic. And a big one. When Popcap first announced that its next Plants vs. Zombies game would be a multiplayer shooter, I was worried. First off, it would come on the heels of Plants vs. Zombies 2, a title I found rather disappointing on iOS. And secondly, I’ve seen far too many multiplayer shooters get lost in the shuffle (see EA’s FUSE last year), so I wasn’t exactly sure what would set this one apart. Then I played 20 minutes of Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare. And while you never know for sure about this stuff until a game comes out, I can say that Garden Warfare has serious potential. Along with two other journalists, I played through the Garden Ops mode, essentially a PvZ take on Horde Mode. It’s a good showcase for Garden Warfare, showing signs of that classic PvZ and melding in some traditional shooting. There’s couch cooperative play (although in an odd move, this is only available on Xbox One), and you can play online as well. In a unique and welcome addition, you can even have somebody play via SmartGlass, enhancing the cooperative game by dropping your defending… Read full this story
- Step away from the shortbread! Last minute Christmas gifts that look like you've been planning for months
- Switch Games News: Battlefield 5, Anthem and more coming to Nintendo Switch in 2019?
- Apex Legends: Parents' guide to the battle royale game set to take on Fortnite
- Food review
- Glenn Murray at the double as Brighton beat West Brom
- Son Heung-min the hero as Tottenham break down Newcastle resistance
- Joe Root turns the screw with unbeaten century as England steadily build formidable lead
- Newcastle see off spirited Blackburn in extra time to book place in FA Cup fourth round
- Newcastle see off Blackburn in extra-time to book place in FA Cup fourth round... but victory comes at a price
- Woman sentenced for neighbour harassment
System Update: Twenty minutes with Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare have 319 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at February 7, 2014. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.