Things have been a little, um, rough around the edges at the Winter Olympics in Sochi thus far. After one of the five Olympic rings failed to light at the opening ceremony, one clever prankster found a great way to tie it in with Audi’s logo.
This picture quickly shot to the top of Reddit this morning, and you have to admit that it’s kind of brilliant. “When four rings is all you need.” Ha!
Instead, it’s a clever bit of real-time marketing by a fan on Audi’s behalf, which an Audi representative says is the most likely scenario. “This is not an official ad […] it is most likely from an Audi fan,” the rep said.
It’s also pretty clearly just text over this photo. Well, even if Audi says they didn’t come up with it, I bet they wish they had.
- 2020 Audi RS7 With Production Bodywork Attacks 'Ring At Full Speed
- Sochi Olympic team bronze medalist Marissa Castelli ‘moves on’ from figure skating
- Audi Q9 flagship considered, no four-ringed city car
- VW CEO Says Audi Needs U.S. Production to Meet Sales Goals
- 2017 Audi Q5 makes its world debut at Paris Motor Show
- Audi Pokes Fun at Presidential Debates in New Ad
- Audi needs to catch up in the race for mass-market electric cars
- Audi Sport Makes R8 Even More Extreme With Audi Performance Parts
- 2010 SEMA: Audi to Make First-Ever Official Appearance
- Making the World Super Rugby Championship a reality