A Vietnamese delegation with 85 outstanding young people is attending the 18th World Festival of Youth and Students, which opened in Quito, Ecuador, on December 7. More than 10,000 young representatives from 107 countries around the world paraded at the opening ceremony in the presence of Ecuadorian President Rafael Correa. Addressing the ceremony, President Correa called on young people all over the world to work for a future socialism of solidarity and equity. During the festival, the Vietnamese delegation will take part in major events, such as organising a forum called “Vietnam youth in the national process of renewal, construction and defence”, and a photo exhibition on Vietnam and joining the international anti-imperialism tribunal, condemning the use of chemicals in wars. At conferences and workshops in the framework of the festival, they will deliver reports focusing on the role of Vietnamese youth in poverty reduction, protection of the rights of children and gender equality, and the implementation of millennium development goals. The delegation will also give an arts performance during the event “Asia-Pacific Days”, and participate in other cultural and sport exchanges with other countries. One of the most important events organised by the World Federation of Democratic Youth, the… Read full this story
- National startup festival for students to be held in Hanoi
- K-Pop World Festival came to Seattle looking for the next great star. Here’s who they found.
- Pontiac: The Wide Open World Of Youth
- Games for Change goes beyond its yearly festival with student programs
- Komalika Bari: From better student to a world-class archer
- France seal spot in 2018 World Cup final
- Ecuador, Uruguay are reeling at the wrong time in World Cup qualifying
- Argentina, Lionel Messi must end Ecuador woes to seal World Cup spot
- U.S. tried to block breast-feeding resolution by World Health Organization
- Third mission underway to rescue final 5 from Thai cave
World Festival of Youth, Students underway in Ecuador have 305 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at December 8, 2013. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.