Vietnam’s Nguyen Van Hung on December 19 set a new men’s triple jump record (16.67 metres) and brought home a gold at the on-going 27th SEA Games. The previous record was 16.51 metres.
Nguyen Van Hung and his coach
Also on the day, the Vietnamese Vovinam (martial arts of Vietnam) team grabbed three gold medals at the event which is taking place in Myanma.
Nguyen Van Cuong, Nguyen Binh Dinh, Huynh Khac Nguyen and Tran Cong Tao won one gold medal in the performance category.
The remaining two gold medals went to Nguyen Duy Khanh in the men’s 60kg event and Tran Khanh Trang in the women’s 50kg category.
Three Vietnamese runners, Duong Van Thai, Do Thi Thao and Nguyen Van Lai, also brought home three golds in the men’s 1,500 metres, the women’s 1,500 metres and 10,000 metres for men, respectively. Viet Anh received gold in the women’s high jump.
Nguyen Thi Oanh, Nguyen Thi Thuy, Quach Thi Lan and Nguyen Thi Thuy claimed a silver medal in the women’s 4×400 metre relay race.
The same day, two more gold medals were grabbed by Vietnamese judo artists Ho Ngan Giang in the men’s 60kg category and Van Ngoc Tu in the women’s 48kg event.
By 6pm on December 19, the Vietnamese team had 64 gold, 55 silver and 67 bronze medals in total and are ranked second after Thailand.
- Vietnam hero breaks SEA Games triple jump record
- Athlete aims to triple jump to continental podium
- SEA Games 28: Vietnam secure more gold medals on day six
- SEA Games 28: Vietnam reachs the target of gold medals
- SEA Games 28: Vietnam reachs the target of gold medals - Entertainment - Arts & Entertainment
- Vietnam aims for top three games finish
- Vietnam dominate international athletics championships
- VN dominate international athletics championships
- Quang Liem misses out on SPICE Cup title