Yesterday, we learned that World of Warcraft’s subscriber numbers are falling. Again. At its peak, World of Warcraft reached over 12 million subscribers; today, that number is at 8.3 million, and Activision and Blizzard expect subscriber numbers to decrease further. What’s going on? Why are people quitting WoW, and can Blizzard halt the decline? Let’s be clear. World of Warcraft’s success was and is an amazing thing. To have that many players across the world, for so long is incredible. 8.3 million subscribers is still a very big number, the biggest number in subscription games. But look: here’s a terrifying graph we knocked together in MS Paint to prove a point. World of Warcraft’s subscriber numbers are tumbling. Activision’s vast financial empire is partly built on World of Warcraft subscriptions. So what can Activision do? Here are four suggestions. Expansion packs drive subscriber numbers upwards, but they’re only once every two years Expansion launches are interesting: they aren’t just a chance to bring in existing players: the trailers, news, announcements act as a boost for the entire game. World of Warcraft ads pique interest in, not just an expansion, but the game itself. But that big push only occurs once… Read full this story
- Warcraft 3 remake blamed on poor leadership and Activision
- Server issues are plaguing Blizzard games like 'Overwatch' and 'Warzone' Tuesday evening.
- Blizzard President Steps Down Amid Harassment Lawsuit | Digital Trends
- Will Activision Blizzard Stock Trend Higher Post Q2?
- What Activision Blizzard Is Losing, Besides The PR War
- Millions of Americans at risk of losing homes as pandemic eviction moratorium ends
- Tiktok hit: Man loses 14 stone in a year to improve pet dogs' life
- Macron could 'follow failed politicians' and replace von der Leyen if he loses election
- Andrew Neil loses patience with Donald Trump and declares Joe Biden winner in fiery tweet
- Man receives world’s first double arm transplant - and now he can flex his biceps
Why is World of Warcraft losing subscribers, and how can Blizzard fix it? have 320 words, post on www.pcgamesn.com at May 10, 2013. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.