It was during the run-up to his board exams that Saket Modi first discovered a latent skill for hacking into secure computer systems. Convinced he would not clear the chemistry test conducted by his school, he hacked into his school computer and stole the question paper.But a guilty conscience forced him to confess to his teacher who allowed him to still take the exam. The episode would be a turning point for the teenager who realised he could use his skills to protect not harm.Twenty two-year-old Modi now runs his own cyber security company, Lucideus Tech, that has a marquee client list that includes the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Criminal Investigation Department, Reserve Bank of India, IBM and various central and state investigative and intelligence agencies.“He conducted few sessions for our boys and we found him useful in terms of how to protect the infrastructure from hacking,” said Vineet Goyal, special inspector general, CID.“Cyber security is a big issue and there is need for support from people like him,” says Goyal who deals with cybercrimes like banking frauds, hacking of social media networks and communication over the internet.Besides training, Lucideus has developed a product that exposes all the vulnerabilities and… Read full this story
- Opinion: Frequent Attacks on Government IT systems calls for officials' training in Cyber Security
- Frequent Attacks on Government IT systems calls for officials' training in Cyber Security
- Postal, OPM Hacks Show Feds’ Cyber-Security Not Very Secure
- China is the 'greatest strategic threat' facing Britain GCHQ reveals as it warns cyber security teams are dealing with up to 60 serious incidents every month
- 5G security flaws could let hackers steal your identity
- Close to 200 organizations allegedly hacked by Russia: cybersecurity firm
- How 'cyber equivalent of Pearl Harbor' unfolded at the 'perfect time for a perfect storm': Feds may NEVER know true scale of 9-month-long Russian hack that breached US nuclear agencies, Pentagon government departments and Fortune 500 companies, experts say
- 'We must retaliate': Acting Intelligence Committee Chair Marco Rubio says the US should hit back with 'more than just sanctions' after Pompeo confirms Russia WAS behind the cyber attack branded an 'act of war' by senator
- Pompeo confirms Russia WAS behind cyber attack on US that one Congressman compared to PEARL HARBOR - as experts say infected networks must be 'burned to the ground' and Senator calls it 'act of war'
- ‘Russia hacks Microsoft and US nuke stockpile’ as THOUSANDS of firms breached in nine-month ‘virtual invasion’
Delhi-based cyber security firm Lucideus battles hackers have 406 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at April 19, 2013. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.