3.4 million copies of Tomb Raider have been sold in four weeks, publisher Square Enix has revealed, which is not enough to hit the game’s sales target. Fellow Square Enix title Hitman Absolution sold 3.6 million units since its launch in November last year, while Sleeping Dogs sold 1.75 million since last August. There’s no mention of what the company’s internal sales expectations were for the trio, just that all three missed their respective marks. Square Enix expected 14.9 million retail game sales from North America and Europe combined in its six-monthly forecast last September. Considering the fact that Tomb Raider, Hitman Absolution and Sleeping Dogs were the only big releases for these regions and accounted for a combined 8.75 million sales worldwide, it’s clear that their targets were a good deal higher. Today’s numbers, published in Square Enix’s latest financial report, do not count digital sales. The figures are predicted totals for the current financial year. With five more days to go, they’re unlikely to change very much unless you personally go out and buy 500,000 copies of Tomb Raider right now. The business’ North American sales momentum was singled out as being particularly “ineffective”. The continent recorded just… Read full this story
- Rise of the Tomb Raider is Coming Linux
- Tomb Raider's critically loved reboot will hit Linux and Steam OS this spring
- Lara Croft may face villain played by Walton Goggins in 'Tomb Raider' reboot
- New game, old success: The rebooted Tomb Raider sells 1 million copies in 48 hours
- Lara Croft bounces back: Reinventing Tomb Raider without ruining it
- Square-Enix explains why it considers multi-platinum sellers like ‘Tomb Raider’ a disappointment
- The reboot of the Tomb Raider movie franchise nabs Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles writer.
- Xbox One holiday bundle includes Tomb Raider prequel series
- First ‘Tomb Raider’ trailer introduces Alicia Vikander as the new Lara Croft
- Daisy Ridley in talks to be the new Lara Croft in Tomb Raider reboot
Tomb Raider has sold 3.4 million copies, failed to hit expectations have 315 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at March 26, 2013. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.