VietNamNet Bridge – Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong stressed that the achievements of last year resulted from concerted efforts by the entire nation and created favourable conditions for the country to strive for even greater success in 2013.
|High-ranking officials of the Communist Party of Viet Nam (CPV)’s Central Committee, National Assembly, Government and Central Committee of Viet Nam Fatherland Front lay a wreath at Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum on the 83rd anniversary of the founding of the CPV.|
He was extending New Year wishes to members of the Politburo and the Secretariat of the Party Central Committee, leaders and former leaders of the Party, State and Viet Nam Fatherland Front and veteran revolutionaries as well as all compatriots of Viet Nam.
He called on the entire Party, army and people to have firm faith and work together with determination to help the country overcome challenges along the path towards development.
Also yesterday, Feb 6, a delegation of the Party, State, National Assembly, Government and Viet Nam Fatherland Front paid tribute to President Ho Chi Minh at his mausoleum in Ha Noi on the doubly auspicious occasion of the 83rd founding anniversary of the Communist Party of Viet Nam and the Lunar New Year.
The delegation, which included Party General Secretary Trong, President Truong Tan Sang, Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung and National Assembly Chairman Nguyen Sinh Hung, also laid a wreath at the nearby monument to heroes and martyrs.
The same day, the delegation attended a ceremony to offer banh tet (glutinous sticky rice cakes), the traditional New Year food of the southern region, to the nation’s legendary founders – the Hung Kings – in line with the Vietnamese tradition of worshiping ancestors.
In HCM City the same day, a delegation of the municipal authorities and Fatherland Front paid tribute to late President Ho Chi Minh, late President Ton Duc Thang and fallen soldiers on the occasion of the lunar new year.
- New Year's Nation gives revel its due
- Don't let 2010 hangover into 2011: How to party all night on New Year's Eve and wake up fine
- Chef Susur Lee's souper party dishes for Chinese New Year
- The Best Christmas Party Is Russian New Year's
- State Liquor Authority could cramp New Year's Eve revelry with firm permit deadlines for bars
- Spend Your New Year's Eve With Your Parents
- These Stores Are Open New Year's Day
- CNN to again host New Year's countdown in New Orleans
- Get Your Finances in Order Before the New Year
- Netflix makes the case for a stay-at-home New Year's Eve