At least seven babies, six of them boys, have died in Vietnam after receiving pentavalent vaccine Quinvaxem since November, but health officials maintain that there is no evidence it should be recalled. Over the weekend, an unidentified baby of two months old in the southern province of Kien Giang became the latest victim of the vaccine. Experts with the Health Ministry in charge of vaccination reactions said at a meeting on January 9 that health agencies have found no problems with the vaccine’s quality. “There’s no evidence that the preservation, transportation, or the provision of the vaccine was involved in the complications,” Dr Nguyen Van Binh, head of the ministry’s Preventive Health Department, told local media at the meeting. He said the vaccine has been tested and used following biopharmaceutical standards of Vietnam and the World Health Organization. Three boys of three months old died in the central province of Nghe An between one and ten days after receiving the vaccination on December 7. On January 5, a 3-month-old baby boy in Hanoi died one day after being given the vaccination. His parents said the baby was normal before the shot, and that he’d had no problems after his two…
- Anti-vaccine views wrong
- Call for vigilance after increase in meningitis deaths
- Two lives lost in minutes: Why we must take mental health seriously
- Long-running Ebola outbreak is now an international health emergency, say experts
- 'Why I declared my HIV status in parliament – and what needs to happen next'
- Air pollution, obesity and vaccine hesitancy climb WHO list of global health threats
- Outbreak: Measles Public Emergency Declared in US Anti-Vaccine ‘Hotspot’
- 'He should be alive today': Youth worker tells ITV News authorities failed to protect seven-year-old Joel Urhie
- Meet the unsung heroes working to keep us safe on Christmas day in Northern Ireland
- Contraception: the way you take the pill has more to do with the pope than your health
Vietnam health agencies declare vaccine safe despite seven deaths have 312 words, post on at January 25, 2013. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.