New York-based off-and-on actress Samantha Lopez-Edwards recently hosted a get-together for friends at popular French restaurant Felix in Lower Manhattan (NYC) to raise funds for victims of Typhoon Pablo (international codename Bopha). “Compostela Valley and Davao Oriental look as if an atomic bomb exploded there because 90 percent of the area was destroyed!” said Samantha in an interview with Big Apple correspondent Edmund Silvestre for Funfare, describing the disaster. “As opposed to Ondoy, Katrina or even Sandy, Bopha caused the destruction of not just lives and homes but also the livelihood of these people. All banana plantations are destroyed. They can rebuild homes but they have no work.” Samantha, who shot to fame as Gracia, the Showdown Girl of the longest noontime show Eat, Bulaga! in the mid-’90s, said that the $20 donation from each of her friends will cover food and medicine. She wired a total of $1,000 early this week to her friend Carmina Mapa-del Rosario whose family lives an hour and a half away from the badly-hit towns. Carmina will take care of the distribution of donation through the Archdiocese of Davao del Norte, according to Samantha’s New York-based friend Ria del Rosario-Santos, daughter of Davao del Norte Gov. Rodolfo del… Read full this story
- Mum, 32, whose own skull is crushing her spine has just TWO WEEKS to raise funds for US operation or else she will ‘definitely die’
- Business charity ball raising funds for one of Cork's oldest homelessness charities
- Pals raise cash for West Lothian teenager who died two days before Christmas
- Fans raise funds for attack victim's TV
- Finance chief sacked for raising funding concerns at Peterborough’s mayoral authority was right to do so
- Barnham church looking to raise funds after fifth break-in
- 'If my cartoon Pablo can raise awareness of autism around the world, then I will have done my job'
- Death row inmate Pablo Ibar found guilty of triple murder for a second time
- In new twist to Pablo Ibar case, one juror goes back on guilty verdict
- Pablo Escobar’s brother Roberto sets up Go Fund Me page to raise £40million to impeach Donald Trump
Samantha, pals raise funds for Pablo victims have 346 words, post on www.philstar.com at January 9, 2013. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.