From the gut-wrenching, step-by-step chronology of the raid on Osama bin Laden’s compound in Abbottabad to seafaring cultists practicing Scientology-like rituals in the wake of World War II to the 16th president twisting arms over the passing of the 13th Amendment, the best films of 2012 brought history to life with an extraordinary scrupulousness that still left room for vivid artistic expression. But searching for patterns in a best-of list like the one below does little justice to the films’ diversity and unruliness, and the many wondrous places movies took viewers this year, including the haunted landscapes of Turkey (Once Upon A Time In Anatolia) and Georgia (The Loneliest Planet), revitalized twists on the slasher (The Cabin In The Woods) and noir (Killer Joe) genres, and two vastly different takes on what love really means (Amour, The Deep Blue Sea). Unlike in past years, nearly all films were available to see before press time, with one conspicuous exception: Most of The A.V. Club’s film reviewers weren’t able to see Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained, which might have found a place on the list. (Nathan Rabin did include it on his Top 15.) The Billy Crystal/Bette Midler movie Parental Guidance also wasn’t… Read full this story
- Iran reopens film guild under new president
- Venice film festival 2018: all star lineup, despite lack of female film-makers
- Social media outrage over Roman Polanski film J'Accuse
- Johnny English v Bond: who’s cinema’s best hero for Brexit Britain?
- Films of the Decade: Why Shahid Represents the Year 2013 in Hindi Cinema
- Sam Raimi Is Developing A New Evil Dead Film, But It Might Not Feature Ash
- Deadpool 3--Ryan Reynolds Confirms That The Film Is In Production
- Golden Globes 2012: Nominations include British stars Kate Winslet, Kenneth Branagh and Tilda Swinton
- Golden Globes 2012: Kate Winslet leads the charge as British film and actors enjoy success at the Globes
- Gwyneth Paltrow says friend Cameron Diaz is 'going to be the best' mom after surprise birth of the retired actress' baby girl
The best films of 2012 have 329 words, post on film.avclub.com at December 19, 2012. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.