Priscilla Presley will make her pantomime debut at the New Wimbledon theatre, London, this December. She will play the Wicked Queen in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs from 7 December to 13 January, 2013, starring opposite Life’s Too Short actor Warwick Davis and the aptly named standup Jarred Christmas. Several American actors have taken to the British tradition of pantomime in recent years. Presley follows former Baywatch stars David Hasselhoff and Pamela Anderson to the south-west London theatre. Happy Days actor Henry Winkler also made his debut there in 2006 as Captain Hook, a role he has since returned to three times. Presley said she was “delighted” by the opportunity, which she described as an “honour”. “I have heard such wonderful things about British pantomime,” she continued. “The script is hilarious, my costume is sensational and I can’t wait to get started and give the people of London my Wicked Queen.” In addition to five years starring in Dallas, Presley’s acting credits include the Naked Gun film series and Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery. She was married to Elvis Presley for six years before their divorce was finalised in 1973. Kevin Wood, chief executive of producers First Family… Read full this story
- Get on board The Ghost Train with a new Worthing theatre company!
- 'Absolutely amazing': Cork dancer makes TV debut in John Lewis Christmas ad
- Artist Mervyn Goode makes Chichester debut with city exhibition
- Teenage Sudbury singer's first single to debut at Quay Theatre
- 19 fantastic pantomimes you can see in London over Christmas 2018
- Your bumper guide to theatre and dance shows this Christmas in London
- Take That are reuniting for opening of new musical The Band
- ‘Something for everyone’: Pantomime fever set to grip Havering once again with Jack and the Beanstalk
- Newcastle Theatre Royal reveals NEXT year's panto
- Review of Gala Theatre's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Priscilla Presley to make pantomime debut at the New Wimbledon theatre have 305 words, post on www.theguardian.com at September 18, 2012. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.