Remember the height of the Yankees-Red Sox cold war, when the two superpowers always were mindful — and fearful — of the other’s next step?The Rangers and Angels cannot match the history of the Yankees-Red Sox rivalry. But they’re beginning to match the intensity, fueled by their new local television contracts with FOX.We saw it last offseason, when the Rangers invested more than $107 million in Japanese right-hander Yu Darvish and the Angels signed free-agent first baseman Albert Pujols and left-hander C.J. Wilson for a combined $317.5 million.And we’re seeing it in the weeks leading to the July 31 non-waiver deadline, as the two AL West rivals shadow each other’s steps, seemingly in pursuit of the same starting pitchers.In the AL East, the Yankees are sitting on an eight-game lead, the Red Sox are trying to stay above .500 and both teams are fretting over luxury-tax issues.The greater intrigue, for now, is in the AL West.The Angels scouted Brewers right-hander Zack Greinke on Saturday and Phillies lefty Cole Hamels on Sunday, according to major league sources.The Rangers, who prefer Hamels, also saw him pitch on Sunday, and have scouted Greinke on multiple occasions.Neither pitcher is certain to become available —… Read full this story
- Hundreds Of New Jersey Residents Displaced By Ida Still Living In Shelters Without Access To Belongings
- 'Leave rip off Spain!' – Britons erupt at Spain's tough new expat residency applications
- Neil Young and Crazy Horse Share Nostalgic New Song ‘Heading West’
- Dani Dyer says dad Danny approves of new romance with West Ham's Jarrod Bowen
- Eligible New Jersey Residents Urged To Get COVID Booster Shot
- 'Scrambled' formation of flying lights baffles New Jersey residents
- New Jersey Residents Upset They Have Not Been Able To Access Public Storage Unit In Scotch Plains Since Ida Struck Area
- Kanye West no more, hello ‘Ye’! Judge approves rapper’s name change request
- New York’s ‘Excelsior Pass’ could cost up to $27 million.
- Lyra McKee: Family write to residents to make appeal
New superpowers reside out West have 330 words, post on www.foxsports.com at July 16, 2012. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.