Before Friday’s extravagant though eloquent, humane yet hilarious, lively and just plain lovely opening ceremony to the Games of the XXX Olympiad, Linda Philips stood outside the Olympic Stadium, smiling as big as she could. Two days before, she’d been in New York City for a wedding. After hours of scouring the Internet, Philips found tickets to the opening ceremony. It wasn’t much of a choice, really. The fashion designer from North London ditched the wedding, flew back to London, bought a sequined Union Jack dress on High Street and then, by Friday evening — not yet recovered from jet lag — found herself walking into the first Olympic opening ceremony in her country since 1948. We all put our own meaning on the Olympic opening ceremonies. It’s a time when the world can put politics aside and get together for sport and fair play; it’s a time for countries to trumpet their nationalism; it’s an idealistic break from that constant ticker of bad news scrolling past; it’s a meaningless dance party that serves only as a prelude to the medal count. Oh, and this: “It will show the world what the British are about,” Philips said. “Our press is… Read full this story
- London Removed ‘Offensive’ Mayor Khan Mural Weeks Before Allowing Trump Baby Balloon
- Gemma Collins showcases her three stone weight loss in hilarious dance video as she hires a bike for a fun-filled day out in London
- London, parts of Essex and Hertfordshire go into Tier 3 at a day's notice: Lockdown from midnight TOMORROW after Hancock says new 'faster-spreading variant' of COVID is rampant in South East and daily cases rise by 37% to 20,263
- Ronan Keating's daughter, Missy, 19, showcases her figure in skimpy pink lingerie in latest saucy snaps
- Love Island's Montana Brown showcases her physique in a white bikini top after receiving backlash for 'rubbing in her escape from lockdown' by hitting the beach in Barbados
- Noel Gallagher's daughter Anais, 20, showcases her toned figure in a white crop top as she poses for stunning social media snap
- TOWIE star Demi Sims showcases her toned physique in a tiny brown bikini as she soaks up the sun in Dubai
- TOWIE's Frankie Sims showcases her phenomenal figure in a series of stunning beach babe ensembles as she continues her Dubai holiday
- The end of estate agents? High-end developer enlists TikTok influencer to flog £1.1MILLION luxury London flat to Gen Z and millennial users and says the platform lets them 'tap into first-time buyers of the future'
- ViacomCBS Sets Tess Paras, Tien Tran, Frank Garcia-Hejl, And Tyler Davis As Production Team For Virtual 2021 Showcase
London showcases one jolly good show have 430 words, post on www.foxsports.com at July 26, 2012. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.