On a warm Friday evening at the end of March, the artist soon to be formerly known as Tommy Gabel is walking through Manhattan on his way to meet one of his biggest fans, a 23-year-old woman named January Hunt. When Hunt was 16, she saw Gabel play a show and wrote him a long, impassioned fan letter about how he’d changed her life. Right now, Gabel is feeling a little nervous. “It’s probably stupid to talk to a fan like this,” he says. “I don’t really know her – I just sent her a cryptic message on Twitter asking if she could meet up. I just don’t have anyone else to talk to.” Gabel, 31, is the lead singer for Against Me!, a 15-year-old punk band from Gainesville, Florida, most famous for their radical politics and Gabel’s throat-shredding growl. They’ve sung about economic injustice, dismantling the system and generally fucking shit up on stages from tiny suburban clubs to Giants Stadium, and been praised by Bruce Springsteen and Foo Fighters while shouting about things like “The Politics of Starving” and “Cliché Guevara.” The song that helped change January’s life is called “Searching for a Former Clarity,” a ballad tucked… Read full this story
- Unknown siblings of famous stars – from Holly Willoughby’s secret business partner to Tom Cruise’s lookalike sister
- Tom Parker's widow shares 'bittersweet' moment at first wedding without her husband
- Victoria's Secret model shares reality behind career after 'hitting rock bottom'
- Kasabian’s Sergio Pizzorno says band nearly split after Tom Meighan axed for hitting his wife
- Inside double life of Ted Bundy-obsessed rocker who killed Bobbi-Anne, 18, after prowling for girls ‘who looked like ex’
- Tom Daley on ‘Gross’ Anti-Trans Laws, LGBTQ Rights, Retirement, Being a Dad, and Body Anxiety
- Tom Cruise TERRIFIES James Corden while flying him around in a vintage fighter plane during a trip to the desert
- Spider-Man Stars Tom Holland and Zendaya Had a Secret Hangout with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson 'fight less and less' as he admits secret to 34 year marriage
- Everything you need to know about Top Gun: Maverick from who’s in it to new love interest and secret nods to original
The Secret Life of Transgender Rocker Tom Gabel have 365 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at May 31, 2012. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.