Eli Manning sensed his brother’s shadow even as a comedicactor.”Saturday Night Live” producers invited the New York Giantsquarterback to host after he won his first Super Bowl in 2008. Oneof the many reasons he declined was that Peyton Manning had hostedthe show a year earlier after his own championship.”Peyton had done so well the previous year, I thought it mightbe a little fresh in everyone’s minds,” Eli said Wednesday. ”Idid not want to have to go up against a tough competition and thegreat job that he performed.”Manning recalled he sent word back that perhaps he’d host if hewon another title. Sure enough, he said yes after his second ringand will star in the late-night sketches this Saturday.”I had not proven myself as much as I wanted to,” he said ofthat initial offer four years ago.Manning and SNL chief Lorne Michaels took part in a conferencecall Wednesday, hours before the quarterback would start acting out40-45 skits to whittle down to 12 or 13 to be potentially performedin front of that live television audience.He made the short trip into Manhattan from Hoboken, N.J., onMonday and Tuesday afternoon to meet with writers and cast membersat NBC’s Rockefeller Center studios. Wednesday afternoon would bethe… Read full this story
- NFL Players' Boating Accident - More Safety Precautions Could Save Lives
- The Night on Which Lennon Was Killed
- Nightlife While Living in Downtown Norfolk
- The Sound of the City - Vancouver BC's Live Music Scene
- A Credit Crunch Girl's Night In
- Darius Rucker Live Up Close and Personal - This Guy Has an Amazing Voice
- Preparing For a Hurricane - Better Hurricane Preparations Required, (And Not Just For Your Home)
- The Resisting Winter (A Novel and Parody) Part Four - "Man Differs From What Appears"
- How to Understand What a Man is Really Talking and Thinking About
- Weekend Movie Review: 'The Addams Family,' 'Gemini Man' And More
Eli Manning prepares to host ‘Saturday Night Live’ have 314 words, post on www.foxsports.com at May 2, 2012. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.