Newman/Haas Racing has withdrawn its entry for the Indianapolis 500, and the pullout puts the race in danger of not having a full 33-car field. General manager Brian Lisles told The Associated Press on Friday night the team ran out of time to put together a proper program for the May 27 race. ”We had every intention of being in the race, but simply ran out of time,” Lisles said. ”We withdrew when it became apparent we could not do it properly.” Lisles said there was no one issue holding up the deal. ”It was everything,” he said when asked if the problem was with the driver, sponsor or engine. Newman/Haas was on the official entry list released last week, but the team did not list a driver. The official entry had Newman/Haas paired with engine manufacturer Lotus, which has struggled mightily this season and earlier this week released two of its teams from its contracts. Lotus now how just three official cars, compared to 11 for Chevrolet and 10 for Honda. The withdrawal of Newman/Haas puts the Indy 500 in danger of not having a full 33-car field. The race has had a full field every year since 1947,… Read full this story
- McLaren, Carlin forge alliance as Alonso's Indy 500 program develops
- Indy 500: James Davison and Dale Coyne to team up
- Indy 500: Here's who is going to enter
- Indy 500: Chip Ganassi with Roger Penske on guaranteed entries for full-timers
- Indy 500: Pippa Mann teams up with Clauson-Marshall Racing
- Indy 500: Penske adamant full-season cars deserve guaranteed entries
- Indy 500: Fans should expect 'fearless' Danica in broadcast booth
- The Indianapolis 500, from A to Z
- Danica Patrick done at Stewart-Haas after ’17, future unsure
- Daytona 500: Who Is In the Lead of the Annual NASCAR Race?
Newman/Haas withdraws Indy 500 entry have 279 words, post on www.foxsports.com at April 26, 2012. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.