VietNamNet Bridge – Tran Duy Chien, a local man in Huong Thuy town, Thua Thien-Hue province, has returned a laptop worth $3,500 to its owner, a foreign visitor.
On April 10, Mr. Chien picked up an Apple laptop, which was left out on the Thanh Toan tile roofed bridge by a French visitor during the Hue Festival.
Chien gave the laptop to local police to give it back to the owner.
On April 14, Mr. Francois Serre Lisa and his film crew from France visited Mr. Chien at his home in Thuy Thanh commune to say thanks to him.
The French man forgot his laptop on the Thanh Toan Bridge on April 10. He and his team went to Vietnam to shoot a film about the Festival Hue.
“I was very sad because I saved many important documents and clips on the laptop. I did not know how I could continue my project without it,” Francois says.
He was very happy when Vietnamese police called him to return the laptop. “Vietnamese are wonderful and very kind-hearted!” he says.
Mr. Chien says: “This is the tradition of Vietnamese people. It is not a big thing!”
- Hue exhibition gives voice to Agent Orange victims
- Korea Sees More Foreign Visitors in September
- Number of Foreign Visitors to Korea Rises in June
- One-Punch Man Gives Another Glimpse of Garou as a Child
- The shocking moment a man gives chase as a thief posing as a Gumtree buyer makes off with his $5,000 gold nugget
- Thua Thien-Hue serves more than 4 million tourists in 11 months
- Best laptop 2019: our pick of the 15 best laptops you can buy this year
- Dell brings Intel’s 10th-Gen processors to refreshed Inspiron, Vostro laptops
- The best 15-inch laptops for 2019
- Dell G3 Gaming Laptop review