She shoots, she scores!The former Kate Middleton smashed home a goal Thursday as sheplayed a bit of field hockey while visiting the British Olympicwomen’s team at Olympic Park. The Duchess of Cambridge, whocaptained the hockey team at her high school, Marlborough College,took the field in a morale-boosting mission ahead of the July27-Aug. 12 London games.Admitting it’s been a while since she had taken a stick in hand,she tried to suggest that no one should watch. That notion wasignored.”I was really looking forward to coming here, but now I am hereand have discovered I have to play, I am not feeling soconfident,” she said.The glamorous Kate arrived at Olympic Park in heels but quicklydonned a gray ”Team GB” (Great Britain) sweatshirt overcoral-colored jeans. She expressed some concern that her skinnyjeans would clash with the bright blue pitch, but gamely grabbed astick and took a few shots.”This is going to be so embarrassing,” she said. ”My brainthinks I can do all these wonderful things but my body just doesn’tplay ball.”Clearly she was sandbagging the crowd of journalists. Althoughno one was at the net to block a goal, Kate took a big swing andlet the ball fly.Zing. It was in.The Olympic team captain,… Read full this story
- Choosing a Camp For Field Hockey
- Field hockey: Week 5 fine performances, Week 6 games to watch
- Tuesday’s college roundup: Ellis scores twice as USM wins in field hockey, 2-0
- What Do You Do After You Have Set a Goal?
- Website Promotion - Determine Your Goals Before You Start Your Promotion Campaign - A 3 Step Process
- How to Effectively Set Powerful Goals to Succeed in Life and Business
- Limiting Beliefs - Tips on How to Remove Them to Achieve Your Goals
- Olympic Hockey - The Early Years Trivia
- What Are the Typical Prices For Tickets to a Winter Olympics Event?
- Athens 1896-London 2012 - Olympic Surprises
Kate’s goal: Duchess promotes Olympic field hockey have 323 words, post on www.foxsports.com at March 15, 2012. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.