Vietnam exports expected to hit record high With most of the sectors posting strong export increases, Vietnam’s total export turnover is expected to hit a record high of US$95 billion this year, Deputy Minister of Industry and Trade Nguyen Thanh Bien said at a meeting yesterday. Bien said export turnover in the year to September rose by 35.4 percent year on year to $70 billion. With this, he said, the country targeted to earn $8 billion from exports in every month of the last quarter to increase the full-year total export turnover to $95 billion from the $71.6 billion last year. Pham Van Bay, deputy chairman of Vietnam Food Association, said rice export volume in the year to date topped the record 6 million tons. He added that local rice exporters had contracted to export seven more tons in the last quarter, enabling them to achieve this year’s target. Dinh Van Tien, head of export of Vietnam Rubber Association, said rubber exports in the first three quarters earned $2.27 billion, up by 60 percent compared with last year. He said export prices would remain high towards this year’s end thanks to the rising demand against falling supply. “Rubber’s export turnover…
- Wednesday briefing: Johnson-Farage pact threatens 'nasty government'
- Rage, despair, indecision. Inside Gordon Brown's Number 10
- Moment brave cops 'saved hundreds' by killing Dayton gunman Connor Betts, 24, within 30 seconds of rampage as he shoots at screaming revelers with assault rife, killing nine - including his own sister
- D33C Recognizes Student Athletes, Proposes Tentative Levy: Briefs
- Death toll rises to 24 in Abia pipeline explosion – Police
- How America's 'most reckless' billionaire created the fracking boom
- Trump transition to the White House - live blog
- 'Hundreds of us will die in Raqqa’: the women fighting Isis
- Donald Trump's Republican opponent Mark Sanford drops out saying he can't compete with his rival's impeachment in race for voters' attention
- 50 years later, Apollo 11's "one giant leap" remains a defining moment in human history
BUSINESS IN BRIEF 24/10 have 316 words, post on at October 24, 2011. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.