Forever 21 is being sued for copyright infringement by an up-and-coming designer — again. The folks behind a line called Feral Childe allege that the California-based creepy-Christian sweatshop emporium copied one of their textile prints. This is noteworthy because while under current law garments themselves — as in patterns, “cut,” construction elements, and everything else that makes a dress unique — are not copyrightable intellectual property, graphic elements that might be featured on garments — as in prints — are. Forever 21 has been sued for copying more than 50 times by designers including Anna Sui and Diane von Furstenberg; the company has always settled out of court. One trade dress infringement claim by the now-defunct label Trovata resulted in a lengthy trial, during which the court was treated to the spectacle of Forever 21 co-founder and creative director Jin Sook Chang claiming ignorance of her company’s ownership structure, of who her company’s other executives are, and even of her company annual sales. Trovata later settled out of court. Feral Childe’s textile design is shown at top; Forever 21’s is below. [The Cut]Feral Childe’s designers Alice Wu and Moriah Carlson say their textile design, called “Teepees,” is registered with the… Read full this story
- Cuts in store: Forever 21 latest US retail victim
- BH90210 star Brian Austin Green gets SUED for $330K over sale of classic Porsche that buyer claims is FAKE
- Fast-fashion retailer Forever 21 files for bankruptcy
- Forever 21: The latest casualty of e-commerce onslaught
- Fashion giant Forever 21 files for bankruptcy
- Forever 21 closed suddenly due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
- Forever 21 fashion chain files for bankruptcy protection
- Forever 21 files for bankruptcy but Liverpool store is back open
- Forever 21 files for bankruptcy as fast goes out of fashion
- Lemon Law - Who gets sued?
Forever 21 Gets Sued For Copying — Again have 277 words, post on jezebel.com at July 15, 2011. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.