The world\’s most powerful Internet and media barons gather in Paris on Tuesday in a show of strength to leaders at the G8 summit, amid international rows over online access, copyright and regulation. Eric Schmidt speaks during the TechCrunch Disrupt Conference in San Francisco, California, in 2010. Top executives from online giants like Google, Facebook and Microsoft will tout the economic potential of the Internet, which their host, French President Nicolas Sarkozy, has put on the agenda of the G8 summit two days later.After Tuesday and Wednesday\’s “e-G8″ bash, some of the biggest names will then meet with G8 leaders at the summit in Deauville, northwestern France, on May 26 and 27, a French presidential official said.”For the first time, voices of companies, thinkers and major players who build the Internet will be heard at the highest levels of world politics,” said a statement by PR firm Publicis, commissioned by Sarkozy to organise the e-G8.With blogs and Tweets oiling the wheels of revolutions in some countries and scans and downloads sparking trade disputes in others, the stakes are high for leaders seeking to promote and profit from the web but also to regulate it.
- D-day anniversary will draw world leaders to Normandy
- How Donald Trump practices physical distancing versus other world leaders
- Which world leaders, US politicians have been exposed to the coronavirus?
- Coronavirus: World leaders to hold virtual summit on global coronavirus response
- World leaders rush in to shore up panic-hit global financial system
- Ashley Young, the world leader we never knew we needed
- World leaders to meet virtually to coordinate virus response
- UN chief calls on world leaders to offer urgent, coordinated response to COVID-19 crisis
- World leaders to hold crisis talks as virus toll tops 21,000
- Global creative community calls on world leaders to tackle climate change
Internet bosses woo world leaders at 'e-G8' have 302 words, post on dtinews.vn at May 23, 2011. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.