Libyan forces hammered rebel cities on Wednesday with tank fire forcing civilians to flee as a top British officer said Moamer Kadhafi\’s air force had been almost obliterated. Libyan rebels load tank shells into the back of a pick-up truck near Ajdabiya. At the end of a day of bitter fighting in key rebel strongholds, forces loyal to Libyan strongman Moamer Kadhafi pounded a hospital in the western city of Misrata, a rebel spokesman said. Witnesses reported a huge blast at a military base in the Tajura residential neighbourhood some 32 kilometres (20 miles) east of the capital, while anti-aircraft fire was heard as warplanes thundered over Tripoli. The official JANA news agency said coalition raids on Tajura killed “a large number” of civilians. It quoted a military official as saying Tajura was struck three times, adding that the third raid “targeted rescuers who were trying to remove the dead and wounded from the rubble and the destruction caused by the first two raids.” The official also reported military and civilian targets in Jafra 600 kilometres south of Tripoli coming under fire. An armada of NATO warships patrolled Libya\’s coast to enforce an arms embargo against Kadhafi, but fresh efforts… Read full this story
- Overnight Defense: Air Force joins Army and Navy in rooting out extremism | Biden axes Trump emergency order for border wall
- US Air Force says it will test bizarre 'hypersonic' weapon this month
- Touch of gray: The Air Force can’t retire the Boeing 707
- US Air Force is guarding against electromagnetic pulse attacks. Should we worry?
- Russian jets wipe out ISIS hideouts in Syria with 95 air strikes in 24-hour bombing blitz
- Turkey Deploys More Troops to Northern Iraq for New Anti-Kurdish Offensive
- Thirty thousand troops live in ‘substandard accommodation’ after MoD refused to pay for £1.5bn worth of repairs
- An Unintended Syria Air Clash Could Pull Biden Into Conflict Involving Russia, Israel
- US air strikes in Syria sent warning to Iran to 'be careful': Biden
- Turkish-led forces oust Kurds from Syria's Afrin
Libyan troops target rebels after air force 'destroyed' have 327 words, post on dtinews.vn at March 24, 2011. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.