30136 4/5/2005 14:21 05NEWDELHI2550 Embassy New Delhi SECRET “This record is a partial extract of the original cable. The full text of the original cable is not available. ” “S E C R E T SECTION 01 OF 14 NEW DELHI 002550 SIPDIS E.O. 12958: DECL: 04/05/2015 TAGS: PREL, MASS, MOPS, PTER, IN, Indo-US SUBJECT: SCENESETTER FOR ADMIRAL FALLON,S APRIL 13-16 VISIT TO INDIA Classified By: Ambassador David Mulford. Reason 1.5 (B,D) 1. (C) Summary: Admiral Fallon, we welcome your upcoming visit to India, coming at a time of excellent relations in a fast maturing defense cooperation relationship. You also come soon after Secretary of State Rice’s first visit last month, which has been characterized as the most successful visit of any US Secretary of State. Secretary Rice proposed a new and greatly expanded strategic relationship, specifically based on the US pledging to help India realize its vision to become a world power in the 21st Century. Secretary Rice proposed a number of new initiatives on her SIPDIS trip, including: starting a strategic dialogue to discuss global security problems, and regional issues such as disaster response planning (tsunami), and Nepal and Bangladesh. A newly launched defense initiative will assess India’s… Read full this story
- India-China -Russia Troika: Is It Possible?
- Golf In India
- Glimpses Of Golden Triangle Tours Of India
- Six Mistakes to Avoid at the Taj Mahal
- My "Journey Beyond the Three Seas" - An Indian Telecom Travelogue
- 'Cure With Care': The Motto Of Indian Medical Tourism
- Landscape Paintings - A Distinct Genre of Painting
- Atlantis And Lemuria - Lost Continents, Or A Dreamland Of Eden?
- Presenting: Dr. Rajiv Arya, My Cool Dentist
- Burma's Iron lady
30136: Scenesetter for Admiral Fallon’s visit to India have 264 words, post on www.thehindu.com at March 28, 2011. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.